Blimey Lymey!

Do you ever come to a point in your life where you feel like things couldn't possibly get any worse? But then they do?

Do you ever feel like you couldn't possibly handle anything else thrown your way? But then you have to?

The past month alone has been the most difficult time of my life, thus far. This year has been excruciatingly difficult. I spent months believing things could not possibly get worse than they already were, but then they did get worse. Over the past month alone, I have been alienated, abandoned, betrayed, deceived, hurt, and heartbroken. At times, I felt so entirely broken that I prayed God would take me home, away from this seemingly never ending misery.

On top of everything else, I was diagnosed with the most severe form of chronic lyme disease.

This news has been very difficult for me, especially considering all the other health issues I already have. The more I find out about the disease, the more discouraged and depressed I feel. At this point, I don't know exactly what the future looks like or what treatment will entail, but I am doing my best to hold onto the hope that is Jesus Christ.

I know that God has a plan, and that He works for the good of His people, even when it doesn't feel like it. I know that though I may lose this battle, He has already won the war. I know that since I keep my eyes on Him, He will not allow me to sink beneath the roaring waves. I know the devil intended to harm me, and try to lead me away from God through these recent circumstances, but God will use it for good (Genesis 50:20).

A few days ago, I wrote this in my journal:

"When dreams are shattered, when faith is shaken, when there's no easy way out, God is doing His most important work"

So I trust that God is working through this suffering. If you are willing, please pray for me, my family, and my doctors as we dive headfirst into this new journey.

xoxo,
Hannah

Comments

  1. I will continue to pray for you! Keep your eyes on Jesus, never lose hope,and always trust God's love! ♡

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts